September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and we’re asking you to #GoGold4RadyChildrens to help raise money and spread awareness in support of the patients and families who have fought or are fighting cancer at Rady Children’s. Participation is easy, social-distance friendly, and accessible to all.
Go Gold to make September a month of hope & healing by:
- Making a donation to the Peckham Center on this page
- Clicking “Join Team”, and fundraising on your personal page within your community
- Sharing this page with others who believe in the power of community support to change lives
- Posting a message of support to kids battling cancer on social media, tagging #GoGold4RadyChildrens and the link to this page
- Wearing gold and sharing why to everyone you see
- Placing a gold sign or ribbon in your yard, window, store, business, or anywhere someone might see
- Activating in your own unique way
- Contacting us directly for additional ways support by calling 858-966-8279
- Learning more by reading the below information!
In 2019, the Peckham Center for Cancer & Blood Disorders at Rady Children’s identified & cared for 258 newly diagnosed children in San Diego. Everyone’s reason to Go Gold for September’s Childhood Cancer Awareness Month is personal, but some facts are universal:
- Despite recent medical advancements, cancer remains the #1 cause of death by disease for children in the U.S.
- 1 in 285 children in the U.S. will be diagnosed with cancer before their 20th birthday.
- Only 4% of the federal budget for cancer research is dedicated to childhood cancer research.
- A cancer diagnosis is devastating and changes a child’s and family’s life in an instant.
- Every child who has to battle cancer is one too many
The Rady Children’s Peckham Center for Cancer & Blood Disorders provides comprehensive, compassionate care to all patients and their families – from diagnosis through treatment and beyond. Our world-class clinicians participate in cutting-edge research through an alliance with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and UC San Diego, for a future where no child has to battle cancer. To provide more information on cancer care at the Peckham Center, we:
- Serve children in San Diego, Imperial and southern Riverside counties, as well as northern Mexico, the Pacific Islands and southern Orange County.
- Are the largest pediatric cancer care program in the region, and the only pediatric blood and bone marrow transplant program serving San Diego County and surrounding counties.
- Have 38 private inpatient rooms, and our outpatient clinic sees over 20,000 visits each year.
- Are one of only 30 centers nationwide certified to offer the innovative CAR T-cell therapy.
- Are able to reduce the risks of infection for our most vulnerable chemotherapy patients and their families with our advanced HEPA air filtration.
- Have a robust Integrative Medicine Program to reduce side effects from treatment and enhance health and wellness.
Believe that caring for children goes beyond medical excellence. The atmosphere surrounding children and families is also vitally important to promoting physical and emotional well-being.
- Provide a healing environment that is truly special through innovation in design, art and child-friendly programs.
- Have many different programs in place to support these kids and their families in every way possible, ranging from a trip to Spring Training for our cancer teens to canine therapy, bedtime carts, healing touch therapy, storytelling, yoga, aromatherapy, art & music therapy, and much more.
We wouldn't be able to provide this top-notch medical care or the supporting programs without donors and advocates like you on our side.
THANK YOU FOR GOING GOLD FOR RADY CHILDREN'S.
A special thank you to our partners:
- Cal Coast Credit Union
- City in Design
- Dirty Birds
- San Diego Convention Center
- San Diego Loyal Soccer Club